Even before we started homeschooling, I loved adding themed books to our home library. It gives us some fun things to look forward to during the different seasons and holidays. And so, Valentine’s Day is no different! I can’t wait to share some of our favorite Valentine’s books for toddlers and kids with you! Just grab them from your local library or start adding them to your own home library! Lastly, don’t forget any of these Valentine books would make the perfect Valentine gift to stuff in their Valentine baskets!
Instead of one huge list of books, I’ve categorized these Valentine’s Day book lists into three categories to make searching easier. You’ll find board books, picture books, and religious books all perfect Valentine’s books for toddlers and kids! Just use the table of contents below to jump to the section you’re interested in!
PIN FOR LATER
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Get my full disclosure here.
Where to Shop for Books
Amazon might be everyone’s go-to (and that’s what all the links are in this post), but I love shopping for books second-hand! One of my favorite places to check for books is our local Once Upon A Child. Basically it’s like a treasure hunt browsing the bookshelves. But when I’m looking for a specific book, I always check Thriftbooks before I purchase from a retail store because they usually have the best deals.
Although I recommend shopping second-hand when you can, if you want to shop here, you can click on the gallery photos below or on the title links!
If you’ve not tried Thriftbooks yet, just sign up for their Reading Rewards (trust me, it’s good), and when you spend $30 you earn a free book! Certainly, you can continue to earn free books by collecting more points every time you order. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be ordering quite a bit whether its more books for the kids or for you!
Valentine’s Day Board Books
Board books are great options for those little hands that like to rip pages. These are more durable and hold up well for years to come. The simple text and adorable illustrations are perfect for those little minds!
Any of the following board books would make the perfect gift for your little one this Valentine’s Day!
- I Love You Spot
- Llama Llama I Love You
- Where Is Baby’s Valentine
- Will You Be My Valentine
- Max’s Valentine
- Snuggle Puppy
- Love Monster
- Elmo’s Fuzzy Valentine
- Ollie’s Valentine
- Ten Little Valentines: A Magical Counting Storybook of Love
- Little Blue Truck’s Valentine
- Construction Site: You’re Just Right
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse!
- Where Do Diggers Say I Love You?
- The Story of Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day Picture Books
Then we have these picture books that are a delight to read with your younger and older children to celebrate this Valentine’s Day! Each one contains a sweet story, engaging illustrations, and new friends for your children to love!
You may even recognize some popular authors in this list like Eve Bunting and of course, the wonderful world of Eric Carle that we’ve all loved over the years!
- In My Heart: A Book of Feelings
- Hugs and Kisses for the Grouchy Ladybug
- Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Click, Clack, Moo I Love You!
- I’ll Love You Till the Cows Come Home
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
- I Love You Already!
- Snowy Valentine
- The Valentine Bears
- Cranberry Valentine
- The Love Letter
- Love is
- The Biggest Valentine Ever
- The Day It Rained Hearts
- Happy Valentine’s Day Curious George
- Happy Valentine’s Day Little Critter
- Mr. Goat’s Valentine
- A String of Hearts
- Groggle’s Monster Valentine
- Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart
- Duck and Hippo Secret Valentine
Religious Valentine’s Books
Of course, we can’t forget why we even celebrate Valentine’s Day, so I had to include these books focused on St. Valentine himself. These books are an especially great way to teach the story of Valentine’s Day to your little ones. There are so many beautiful illustrations to enjoy in these books!
- The Story of St. Valentine: More Than Cards and Candied Hearts
- Holiday Saint Reader: The Story of Saint Valentine
- Saint Valentine
How to Use The Best Valentine’s Books for Toddlers
- Firstly, read one book a day starting on February 1st and ending on February 14th for Valentine’s Day. I created a fun bundle for you and your little ones to use! It includes a reading log, 14 days of Valentine books color in a heart for each book read, Valentine reading bingo, and a Valentine reading award certificate! Download it now!
- Secondly, display them on your favorite bookshelf or in a basket in your living area or child’s bedroom.
- Gift one or two or more to your children on Valentine’s Day.
- Finally, head to the library and have a scavenger hunt for all the books! You can download this free printable to take with you and check them off as you get them!
So go ahead, grab a few books and share a heartwarming story, a love note, and lots of hugs with your little ones today!
I’d love to hear which Valentine’s Day books your young children love! Just leave me a comment below!
More Valentine’s Day Fun
Also, if you’re wanting to have more Valentine’s Day fun, Just check out my free Valentine’s Day activities! This bundle includes a scavenger hunt, bingo/memory, and 14 days of Valentine fun!
Grab this preschool/kindergarten Valentine bundle! They’re going to be having so much fun, they won’t even know they’re learning! In this Valentine bundle you’ll find 34 pages of fun including:
- Bundle Cover Page
- Coloring Page
- Beginning Tracing
- Uppercase and Lowercase Tracing
- I Spy
- Candies in Jar Counting
- Scissor Skills
- Counting Clipcards 1-12
- Valentine’s Display Poem
- Valentine’s Create Your Own Art
- DIY Happy Valentine’s Day Banner
- DIY Love Banner