I can’t remember when I actually discovered podcasts, but when I did it was life changing. I would devour as much and as many as I could at the time. At the time I was still navigating being a stay at home mother of 2. Constantly seeking out Christian encouragement and inspiration for my journey. It really hasn’t changed much, I’ve just added a couple more kids. I’m more solid in the way I mother, but I’m still always seeking biblical guidance and encouragement. I’ve complied a list of the best Christian mom podcasts of 2022 for you!
Benefits of Podcasts
- Listen anywhere: Modern technology sometimes is a source of annoyance for me, but I do love the amount of things I’m able to manage from my phone. Paying bills, checking out library books, and of course listening to podcasts. I can do all of that while I’m nursing a baby or trying to fold the laundry!
- Free: Does this even need an explanation? If I can keep from paying for subscriptions I’m happy and I’ve been able to listen to some really amazing podcasts without having to pay a penny! Thank you podcast creators!
- Hands-free: Strangers constantly remind me how full my hands are, so thankfully listening to podcasts is a hands-free activity! So you can rock the baby, fold laundry, wash the dishes, pickup groceries, or just sit there and relax with your cup of coffee or tea.
- Conversational: Most of the podcasts I’ve listened to have been conversational, making them easy to listen to. And giving me that feeling like I’m talking to another adult after all the baby talk I’ve done for the day.
PIN FOR LATER
Apps for The Best Christian Mom Podcasts of 2022
If you’re an Apple user there should already be an app on your device, “Apple Podcasts”. You can also use Spotify, which is my preferred choice. If you’re an Android user you can download or also use Spotify.
Why I love Podcasts
If you haven’t been listening to podcasts yet, you’re missing out! Why not gain some knowledge, encouragement, inspiration while you’re doing all those motherhood tasks like laundry, dishes, or carpooling? Listening to a good podcast while I’m cleaning the bathroom makes for a much more enjoyable experience and it makes it feel like I washed the dishes faster.
Podcasts are just simply great ways to do all the work you do as a mom and still be able to pour into your soul so you can then pour that goodness out onto your children, husband, sisters in Christ, and all the people you come in contact with daily.
The Best Christian Mom Podcasts of 2022
These aren’t in any specific order based on rating I’ve just simply put them in a list. I’m also including a short description from each so you can get a better idea of what each one is about.
“Become a champion for your family in the time it takes to enjoy a cup of coffee! Every episode of the Focus on the Family Christian podcast helps you confidently guide your loved ones through the unique challenges faced by today’s Christian families.”
“Join us as we explore how the ancient scriptures apply to modern motherhood and provide the framework for finding answers to your specific questions.”
“Home is the place where the whispers of God’s love are heard regularly, the touch of His hands is given intentionally throughout the day, the words of His encouragement and affirmation pointed to lay the foundation of loving relationships where a woman conducts the beauty of this life within its walls.
“Daily Grace exists to encourage and equip women to seek God in His Word. Our goal is for women to know that deep Bible study, sound doctrine, and rich theology are not just for the seminary student or pastor, but are accessible and transformational for all believers, so that they will grow in love and awe as they join us in our conversation about our great God.”
“Mama Bear Apologetics is a podcast for mothers of biological, adopted, or spiritual children who want to learn about how to defend the Christian faith, help give their children reasons for faith, and understand the worldviews that challenge Christian faith in the first place.”
Encouragement for Your Mothering
I do want to encourage you not to replace your Bible reading/study time with a podcast, we should all always be in The Word. But these podcasts are just extra ways for you to gain some inspiration for your motherhood!
Sometimes in motherhood we can feel alone, but everyday there’s all the other moms doing the same thing as you. Loving their kids the best they can. I asked on Instagram awhile back, “What helps you the most in your motherhood?” Here’s the responses and I hope you find encouragement in this today! Lastly, maybe this will spark a new idea for you!
- Morning prayer time, going outside, exercising.
- Being able to stay home with my son.
- A support team and prayer.
- The Bible and their father.
- Prayer, other moms encouraging me, realizing time flies.
- Blog posts
- Learning to let go of the “perfect” clean house idea.
- The Bible and mom friends.
- Reading God’s word.
Devices for Listening
A couple of things I’ve found helpful to listen to podcasts are these two speakers and thought they were worth mentioning! They’re not needed of course, but maybe you want to add them to a birthday or Christmas wishlist!
Bose SoundLink Color II: Portable Bluetooth, Wireless Speaker with Microphone– this was gifted to my husband one year. But we all kind of share it. It’s great for audiobooks with the kids too.
JBL Clip 3, Black – Waterproof, Durable & Portable Bluetooth Speaker-this speaker is perfect if you want to listen in the shower or bathtub since it’s waterproof. You can use it anywhere too and it’s a better price!
Prayers for you today mama! I’d love to hear from you soon! Let me know which one is your favorite or which one you’re going to listen to first!
Be sure to check out all my posts on motherhood!